Test your knowledge of heart health
Posted in Health Quizes on October 5, 2012. Last modified on April 15, 2020. Read disclaimer.
One person dies in America every 39 seconds from heart disease. Unfortunately, many instances could have been prevented. To protect your heart health, follow these 7 steps:
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week
- Don't smoke
- Limit alcohol to no more than one drink per day
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins with fewer saturated and trans fats.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Find ways to reduce or eliminate stressors in your life
- Know your numbers: blood pressure, blood glucose (diabetes), cholesterol and triglycerides
To learn more about what you can do to protect your heart, visit: